Serbia 4 Youth  Google Play app

History

Old church

Old church
CITIES MOUNTAINS
Zlatar

» Accomodation

» Service info

ZlatiborKopaonik

» Accomodation

Tara

» Hot spots

LAKES & RIVERS
Lower Danube

» Accomodation

Old church Old church Old church Old church Old church
Old church
Old (court’s) church was built in 1818, on the place where once a cemetery was. Milos Obrenovic, its founder, didn’t spare the material resources. He hired the best builders. The church base is rectangular with semicircular choir spaces and altar apse. It is dedicated to the Descent of the Holy Spirit onto the disciples. The endowment of Milos Obrenovic was reconstructed a couple of times. In the year 1829. the church bells rang for the first time.
The old church is the first metropolitan, cathedral and court church in the free Serbia. Almost all important decisions for Serbian people, constitutions and edicts, were proclaimed in its port. The Sretenje assembly was held there in 1835, and that’s when the First Serbian Constitution was passed. All of the parliamentary sessions till 1859, were held in the church’s port, and from that year in the New Town Hall building.
YOU HAVE BETTER INFORMATION?
SEND ENQUIRY
Old church
Address: Kosovska 2
Phone: +38134331568

DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS
No comments here yet...


We recommend
Eco hostel RepublicThe Fortress in NišBela Crkva LakesThe Fountains in SuboticaResavska CaveEco camp Fruska GoraPalic Film Festival
Partners
Tourism organization IvanjicaTourism organization GolubacToursim Organization of CacakResava CaveKurseviPrijemniNajStudentpoljskaisrbijaTourism Organization of ZlatarBelgrade Tourism FairTourism Organization of NisTourism Organization of Subotica & PalicTourism Organization of BelgradeNational Tourism Organization of SerbiaJpon Design StudioTourism Organization of Bela Crkva
(function($){ $(window).load(function(){ $("#scrRec").mCustomScrollbar({ horizontalScroll:true, scrollEasing:"easeOutQuint", scrollButtons:{ enable:true } }); $("#srcRecLeft").click(function(){$("#scrRec").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo",92); return false;}); $("#srcRecRight").click(function(){$("#scrRec").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo",-92); return false;}); $("#scrRec").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo", "last"); $("#scrPar").mCustomScrollbar({ horizontalScroll:true, scrollEasing:"easeOutQuint", scrollButtons:{ enable:true } }); $("#srcParLeft").click(function(){$("#scrPar").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo",92); return false;}); $("#srcParRight").click(function(){$("#scrPar").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo",-92); return false;}); $("#scrPar").mCustomScrollbar("scrollTo", "last"); }); })(jQuery); toolTip(); FBoxInit(); InitScroller(); InitUploader(); $("#ideaPhotosA").click( function(ev){ $("#ideaPhotosFormDiv").dialog( {}, DialogOpt, { width: 350, show: "fade", modal: true, dialogClass: "ui-dialog-shadow", close: function( event, ui ) {$("#plupContainer").hide();} } ); ev.preventDefault(); } ); $("#feedBackForm").click( function(e){ e.preventDefault(); lx("/"+INCDIR+"/x.php?feedBackForm="+encodeURIComponent(document.location), "#feedBackForm", false); } ); if(window.location.hash){ $(window).load(function(){$('a[href=' + window.location.hash + ']').click()}); //console.log($('a[href=' + window.location.hash + ']').attr('href')); }

Old church


Add photos
Map
var MapID=83; var Type="category"; var Coo="44.008203,20.912944"; var MapCat=0; Bounds = ""; PanoTag=false; InitMap(); $("#uvecajMapu").click(function(e){ // $("#Mapa").css({position: "absolute"}).height(600).width(800); $("#MapaHolder").dialog({width: 830, close: function( event, ui ) { $("#mapaNaslov").after($("#MapaHolder")); google.maps.event.trigger(Mapa,"resize"); coo = Coo.split(","); Mapa.setCenter(new google.maps.LatLng(coo[0], coo[1])); $( "#MapaHolder" ).dialog( "destroy" ); }}); //$("#Mapa").height(600).width(800); google.maps.event.trigger(Mapa,"resize"); coo = Coo.split(","); Mapa.setCenter(new google.maps.LatLng(coo[0], coo[1])); e.preventDefault(); }); Gallery

$(".accordion").accordion({event:"hover", icons: null});
Log in